The Accounts Payable Clerk is responsible for utilizing the chart of accounts to record account numbers for expenses, inventory and miscellaneous invoices into the Data Management System. The Accounts Payable Clerk is responsible for making sure all invoices submitted for payment are authorized and depending on the dealership’s guidelines accompanied by a completed, signed purchase order approving the purchase. The Accounts Payable Clerk is responsible for reconciling vendor accounts, requesting vendor statements as needed and processing vendor payments according to the organization’s guidelines. Maintain required documents for vendor files.
This position answers directly to the Office/Accounting Manager.
Duties and responsibilities include, but not limited to the following:
- Remit payment to vendors upon receipt of proper documentation utilizing the Data Management System.
- Post invoices upon approval from a department manager, see dealership guidelines in reference to purchase orders.
- Reconcile assigned vendor accounts.
- Follow-up on missing invoices and purchase orders.
- Pay vendor invoices on the 10th and 20th of the month. Refer to dealership guidelines.
- Suggest ideas on how to cut expenses.
- Review current month expenses and create accruals for missing invoices,
- Responsible for posting and reconciling all factory/manufacturer open accounts on a monthly basis.
- Maintain vendor information.
Additional physical requirements, moving about Dealership, sitting six to eight hours per shift bending, stretching, lifting (30 lbs.), reaching, climbing. Using office equipment consistent with industry standards.