Accounts Payable Clerk Other (Finance product specialist)
The Finance Product Specialist is responsible for utilizing the chart of accounts to record account numbers for finance products sold or cancelled by the Finance Departmentinto the Data Management System. The Finance Product Specialist is responsible for issuing refunds to customers, lienholder (banks) and possibly other dealers for cancelled finance products. See dealership’s guidelines for additional information on processing requests for refunds. The Finance Product Specialist is responsible for reconciling vendor accounts, requesting vendor statements as needed and processing vendor payments according to the organization’s guidelines. Maintain required documents for vendor files.
This position answers directly to the Office/Accounting Manager.
Duties and responsibilities include, but not limited to the following:
- Remit payment to vendors upon receipt of proper documentation utilizing the Data Management System.
- Post invoices upon approval from a department manager
- Reconcile assigned vendor accounts.
- Follow-up on missing invoices and purchase orders.
- Process refund checks for cancelled products to finance lienholder.
- Process refund checks for cancelled products to customers.
- Maintain vendor information.
Additional physical requirements, moving about Dealership, sitting six to eight hours per shift bending, stretching, lifting (30 lbs.), reaching, climbing. Using office equipment consistent with industry standards.