The role of the Biller/Booker Clerk is to reconcile each sales transaction accurately the first time and record into the DMS system. Inform the sales managers of variances via email and notate on accounting logs. Reconcile/resolve additional postings the general ledger and the impact to each sales transaction. Verify all sales transactions (retail, wholesale, dealer trade) against the general ledger upon recording to the Data Management System. Responsible for reconciling all inventory (new, used, wholesale, and fleet) and due bill schedules/general ledger accounts.
This position answers directly to the Office/Accounting Manager.
Duties and responsibilities include, but not limited to the following:
- Duties and responsibilities include, but not limited to the following:
- Payoff floorplan on all units sold per the floor plan lender’s requirement.
- Complete dealer trade paperwork as needed.
- All sales transactions recorded in the Data Management System within 24 hours of receipt in the accounting office.
- Stock into the Data Management System all incoming units.
- Record all sold wholesale transactions and dealer trade transactions on the accounting log, record wholesale units, if floored payoff floorplan source.
- Reconcile all retail deals, post to the DMS system and record on the accounting log.
- Provide sales managers/General sales manager memos on variances over $50 or (pre-determined amount for the organization) with an explanation.
- Responsible for inventory schedules and assigned general ledger accounts.
- Accountable for we-owe/due-bill schedule.
- Reconcile accounting log to general ledger, Doc or Management Information System (Weekly).
- Updates sales commission work-sheets and submit to the sales staff (Weekly).
Additional physical requirements, moving about Dealership, sitting six to eight hours per shift bending, stretching, lifting (30 lbs.), reaching, climbing. Using office equipment consistent with industry standards.