The Cashier position answers all incoming service/parts/collision department telephone calls according to company policies and utilizes proper telephone etiquette. Reconcile repair orders and process customer payments as needed.
This position answers to directly to the Office Manager/Accounting Manager.
(Please note it is optional for this position to respond directly to the Service Mgr. or Fixed Operations Manager/Director).
Duties and responsibilities include, but not limited to the following:
- Direct telephone calls to the appropriate parties as necessary.
- Take written messages for active personnel and notify them as soon as possible regarding pending messages.
- Contact customers as vehicles repairs are completed by the Service Department.
- Verify the total retail price for service repairs, parts, supplies, recorded on the repair order or parts invoice.
- Collect the total retail charges due from the customer in cash.
- Control the keys associated with complete repair orders, return customer’s keys to them when their bills are paid and direct them to the location of their vehicle.
- Reconcile the cash drawer box daily, make the Office Manager aware of exceptions or variances daily.
- Manage and reconcile the petty cash box or money box.
- Support staff.
Additional physical requirements, moving about Dealership, sitting six to eight hours per shift bending, stretching, lifting (30 lbs.), reaching, climbing. Using office equipment consistent with industry standards. The Cashier answers all incoming service/parts/collision department telephone calls according to company policies and utilizes good telephone etiquette. Reconcile repair orders and process customer payments as needed.